Many Americans are struggling to redeem their pre-recession credit scores. Whether you have recently filed for bankruptcy, been foreclosed on by your bank or simply struggled to pay your bills, rebuilding your credit score can be a long process. Below are six great credit cards to help you rebuild your credit score:
1. Navy Federal Credit Union nRewards Card: According to credit card expert Beverly Harzog, this is one of the best credit cards for rebuilding a credit score. You must be in the military or related to someone who is in the military to be eligible for this card. This card has no annual fee and the percentage rate is a variable 8.9%. It has a 25 day purchase grace period and it reports to the three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
2. Citi Secured MasterCard: With this card, you will earn a 1.01% annual yield because Citi invests your money in an 18-month certificate deposit of savings account. The annual fee is $29 per year, which is very low. This card is best for those who do not typically carry a balance because the variable APR is very high.
3. Capital One Secured MasterCard: This card also has a very high variable APR at 22.9%, but a low annual fee. A positive feature of this card is that the bank supplies cardholders with a credit-monitoring tool so that if you are struggling with your score, you can monitor it closely with this card.
4. Wells Fargo Secured Card: This card has a very low annual fee of $25, but it has a high APR of 18.99%. If you use this card responsibly, Wells Fargo will consider you for an unsecured credit card.
5. US Bank Secured Visa Card: Similar to Wells Fargo, this secured card can put you on the track to an unsecured credit card. Responsible card users can qualify for an unsecured card from US Bank in as little as 12 months.
6. Platinum Zero Visa Card from Applied Bank: Cardholders should be aware of the $9.95 monthly maintenance fee on this card. However, if you typically carry a balance on your card, this one is ideal for you. This card charges 0% interest on purchases and there is no credit check required.
To read more on this story visit: http://money.msn.com/credit-cards/6-great-cards-for-rebuilding-credit
If you are in a financial crisis and are considering filing bankruptcy, contact an experienced attorney who can advise you of all of your options. As an experienced CPA as well as a proven bankruptcy lawyer, Timothy Kingcade knows how to help clients take full advantage of the bankruptcy laws to protect their assets and get successful results. Since 1996 Kingcade & Garcia, P.A. has been helping people from all walks of life build a better tomorrow. Our attorneys’ help thousands of people every year take advantage of their rights under bankruptcy protection to restart, rebuild and recover. The day you hire our firm, we will contact your creditors to stop the harassment. You can also find useful consumer information on the Kingcade & Garcia, P.A. at www.miamibankruptcy.com.